Five Minute Friday Realize

           I have made an intentional decision this weekend to slow down. This decision has given me the time to take two long walks with my daughters, who is thankful that her siblings did not want to walk with us in the Florida heat. As Floridians, know, Summer starts in April here in Florida. Sometimes it starts in March. My youngest and I also baked  chocolate chip cookies, and I have admired her beautiful artistic creations. My son told me his thoughts about several video games, and I had a heart to heart talk with my eldest. My eldest shared her perspective about several topics, and I once again realized how important it is be available and ready to listen when my children are ready to talk. 

James 1:19 "Understand this, my beloved brothers and sisters. Let everyone be quick to hear [be a careful, thoughtful listener], slow to speak [a speaker of carefully chosen words and], slow to anger [patient, reflective, forgiving];" 

 I realized that my quiet introvert has plenty to say, when I give them the opportunity to speak their mind. I want to make sure that I give my children plenty of time with me on the weekends for unstructured conversations. I love hearing whatever is on their hearts and minds. Did you make any realizations this weekend?



Comments

  1. It's been a tidal wave of pain,
    caught deep below the light,
    and when this dim red morning came
    it brought along the fight
    that I long knew was on the way,
    its shape not quite yet clear,
    but when the Beast arrived today,
    I knew 'twas much to fear.
    The battle for my body's lost;
    I cannot be made whole,
    but the other, greater cost
    can be my heart and soul,
    and I risk more than I can dare
    in this conflict with despair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating