Day 11 Ideas


Hebrews 10:24-25 

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.


         One of my favorite aspects of community is the freedom to discuss ideas. Each Tuesday night I gather with dear friends, and we discuss a wide range of topics. Sometimes we discuss spiritual things and sometimes we discuss our favorite foods and other ordinary everyday things. Our discussions do encourage us to love others, as we talk about practical ways to show grace and make the load lighter for others. If you told me a couple of years ago, I could have deep relationships with brothers and sisters in Christ whom I have never met in person, I would have not believed you. This group realizes that we do not have to agree on everything to have unity, our unity comes from our care and concern for each other and our ability to humbly listen to each other as we share ideas. Do you have friends with which you can openly and lovingly live in community? I would love to read more about your experiences with community in the comments.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating