Five Minute Friday Run

“Tonight I’m going to fix my eyes on the only hope that satisfies. You are, You are the one I’m running to. Everything that’s good and right true. Jesus I’m coming back to who you are. You are the one I’m running to.”                               

           I am not much of a runner. In fact all three of my children can outrun me. This recent Lent season taught me how much I tend to run from my problems. I don’t do this by physically running, but by running to my phone to distract myself, or turning on the tv, or telling myself that I have too much housework or other chores to do than to deal with whatever unpleasant thing that is bugging me right now. When I feel this way I need to stop looking for the world’s comfort and run to my Savior. He is the One that I need to be running to. He binds up my broken heart. He will never leave me or forsake me. When I feel the need to run, may I run to Him.




The One I’m Running to

Comments

  1. So true, Jolene, "When I feel the need to run, may I run to Him." ~Lisa, FMF #14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Jesus will never leave or forsake us! I'm your neighbor at FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I am so thankful for this truth. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I started singing as soon as I started reading your post! Yes, it's so easy to run to things that will still leave us feeling empty and will never help us truly overcome what ails us. But Jesus is the hope that always satisfies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started singing as soon as I read Kate’s prompt for the week. Jesus is the hope that satisfies. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  4. So wonderfully spoken. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.
    FMF#22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating