A Legacy of Love

    This lovely lady has now gone to be with Jesus. She is reunited with her parents, brothers, sister and many other loved ones. She is my mother’s sister, my Aunt Judy. She was my Grandpa’s birthday gift born on his 26th birthday. My earliest recollections of my Aunt is spending sunny Summer days with her at a hotel pool, while she visited with my Mom. At Aunt Judy’s hotel room, I was allowed to drink soda pop and eat junk food that was not offered to me that frequently any other time of the year. I would listen as she and my Mom swapped stories and laughed. My Mom would laugh until she cried when she was with her older sister. I loved being with my Aunt so much that one year I faked a stomachache, and got picked up from school. So,I could spend the day with my Mom and my Aunt. My Mom was not happy with me when she realized that I was faking.

          My Aunt Judy did not know a stranger. She would talk to people while waiting in line at the store. She loved wholeheartedly. She made her great-nieces and nephews feel special. That was her gift when you were in the presence Judy Mae Hardy, you felt special and you felt loved, because she was a loving individual who wore her heart on her sleeve. When I was with my Aunt Judy, it was very easy  to lose track of time because she was a joy to be around. I will miss you Aunt Judy. Please give your Mom and Dad, my Grandma and Grandpa, a hug for me.

Finally Home by Mercy Me

https://fb.watch/5Oxs0bUae1/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating