I Want to be Different

           Have you ever been around someone who is in a bad mood, and their bad mood rubbed off on you? I know this happens to me sometimes.  I used to think that there was little I could do about, but now I know that I was wrong.Today, I realized that I have been praying the wrong prayer. I have been asking God to change my circumstances. I have been thinking about my situation, and I realized that instead of asking God to change my circumstances, I need to ask God to change me. I can focus on the darknesses and negativity in the world, or I can fix my eyes on Jesus the author and finisher of my faith. If my eyes are fixed on Jesus, the opinions and attitudes of others will not have such a impact on me. I want my children to know how much I love spending time with them. My children once shared with me that their Sunday school teacher told them that Jesus is the Light and we are mirrors. I want to reflect God’s light and love to those around me







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating