Day 25 It is understandable to want to hibernate


             Have you ever felt like you could sleep for a week? My children are Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans, and in the book The Meltdown  Greg Heffley tries to hibernate. Of course, he isn’t successful in this endeavor. We may not be able to hibernate like bears, but I do think that taking a mental health day is a good part of the journey of moving forward. God even instructs us to rest. My word for 2020 was shalom, which reminds me that God is our rest and peace. He is my refuge. I also think it is important what we do on these mental health days. We need to do things that are life giving and restorative. What are some of your favorite mental health day activities?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating