Day 18 Learning to be observant

            A unexpected gift of moving forward was deciding to be curious about the world around and my own thoughts and preferences again. My counselor encouraged me to try new things and to explore learning what I liked and didn’t like. I had just came out of a period of repressing my feelings and opinions. I needed to revel in the fact that it was acceptable to have an opinion and that my opinion mattered. My counselor also encouraged me to be observant of whenever I had a strong emotion, to ask myself why when I felt scared, angry or sad. Once I figured out the reason, I felt that way I could determine if that emotion was still an accurate response for my current circumstances, and I could prayerfully release that emotion to God. I feel peaceful when I am observant of the world around me, and what is going on inside of my mind and my heart. 





Comments

  1. "I feel peaceful when I am observant of the world around me..." I love that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating