Five Minute Friday Sacrifice

          I will admit that when I read that the prompt word was sacrifice I cringed. I wish I had the view of the word sacrifice that I did ten years ago. You see the word sacrifice is a trigger word for me. My ex husband threatened to sacrifice me and our family. This was a threat that I believed for a long time. I am realizing that I have a choice on how I view the word sacrifice. I can hear the word sacrifice and chose to focus on painful memories, or I can chose to thank about Jesus' sacrifice for me. I want to have a healthy view of the word sacrifice. I want to think about God's sacrifice and remember that I am a child of God. My prayer is that God helps me remember that Jesus died for me, and that I can live a life of love because He lives. 


sacrifice


Comments

  1. So glad you are choosing to turn your thoughts toward His sacrifice and all that means for each of us!! Visiting from FMF today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a daily choice that I am trying to make a habit. I hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. I’m so glad you got out of that situation. It is best for you and your kids. I think your attitude about how to view that word is important. Blessed to be your neighbor at FMF this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned that I need to ask myself when I feel triggered unexpectedly by fear or sadness, "what caused me to feel this way?" and "why did this impetus cause this reaction in me?" If I can answer those questions, I can release the situation to God in prayer.

      Delete
  3. There are no words to describe a situation like that, and your shining faith is an inspiration.

    This is for you.

    The worst of the most awful days
    that seek to kill the gentle heart
    are imbued with Satan's way
    to ensure that we will part
    from that faith we need to stand,
    to face the evil that may come,
    and to walk hand-in-hand
    with the Father and the Son
    through the storm and through the night,
    through the noxious smoke arising
    from the devil's vicious fight
    that comes from his despising
    the fact that Jesus paid the cost,
    and in His paying, hell has lost.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell has lost, Love wins. I am even finding that forgiveness wins. "“Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realising you were the prisoner!" -Max Lucado I am praying for you and Barb!

      Delete
  4. Yes! We get to choose how we think on things! Praying God is especially near to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating