Five Minute Friday Relief

            The morning of February 20, 2018, I was nervously awaiting a phone call from my family law attorney all the while praying that my children did not pick up on my apprehension. My attorney was trying to negotiate with my children's father (who is now my ex-husband) so that we would not have a hearing in the family courts the next day. My mother's cell phone rang. My mom told my father and I, "It's Emma." I answered, and then asked if she could hold on one second, so that I could step outside and have this conversation away from my children's listening ears. My father stepped outside my parents RV with me, and I put the phone on speaker, as the snow began to lightly fall. My attorney told me that my children's father aggreed to vacate the hearing and that we would work out the details of a temporary custodial agreement at the courthouse the followng day. Relief washed over me, and I gave the my Dad a hug. This is my memory of the day where I felt the emotion of relief most vividly, in honor of the FMF prompt being the word relief. Please share about a time that you vividly remember feeling relieved in the comments.          

relief

Comments

  1. Visiting as your FMF neighbor. What a relief from what must have been a very stressful situation. God bless and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was a great relief! God bless you, and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So glad the Lord worked that relief out for you. Praying it continues to encourage and help you with this difficult situation. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  3. You are a hero in my heart.

    This is for you.

    Sometimes the sole remaining grace
    is found in the dark waiting,
    when we cannot see God's face,
    but still refrain from hating
    those who've sworn to do us ill,
    and circumstances dire
    that seek a view unto a kill,
    to set our world afire.
    But still, we wait with folded hands
    and our heads are bowed in prayer
    to the One who understands,
    to the last One who might care
    that in faith we held the line
    to turn the evil days sublime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew! This poem is beautiful. I have been sharing my story more lately as a step on this journey of healing that God is walking with me step by step. I am praying for you and Barb!

      Jolene

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found relief in that situation. It is such a great feeling! Visiting from FMF #13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, relief is a wonderful feeling. I hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating