Day 9 How joining and participating in community litterally saved my life

     About 10 years ago, I made some simple decisions that would eight years later literally save my life. One of the decisions was to call around to churches in my community to see if any of them had a cry room. I was a young mom of a little girl, and I did not want to leave my baby in a nursery. One of the churches I called had a lovely secretary named Diana who answered the phone and answered my questions. She was so friendly that I told my husband that I found the church that I wanted us to visit and we attended Rio West Community Church that weekend. Diana saw my family and introduced herself. She also introduced me to other moms of littles. I knew then that this would be our church home. 8 years passed as I attended this church with my children. A few years ago, the ladies at my church realized that my husband was physically abusing me. They helped me make and carry out a plan that helped me and children leave my abusive marriage and return home to my Mom and Dad to a place of safety. I am so thankful for the ladies who invited me into a church community and that community saved my life.

Image result for Who said Long before Zacchaeus needed to see Jesus God planted a tree


Comments

  1. NOW, THAT is what church is supposed to do. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am so thankful for how this church was the hands and feet of Jesus to me and my kiddos in our time of need. Thank you so much for stopping by Susan.

      Delete
  2. I love this so much! So thankful for that church and those women who saw you and heard you and helped move you to safety! The Body of Christ, rising up! Yes and Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Karrilee. Your series on prayer really encouraged me during one of the hardest seasons in my life. You might remember that I wrote a comment on one of your blog posts about prayer. Thank you for stopping by. -Jolene

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating