Day 3 The Problems that Cause Us to Avoid Being Honest

        Honesty leaves us vulnerable. At the most honest moment of my life, I felt vulnerable and ashamed. I was afraid that if someone knew my deepest secrets that I would be rejected. I was also afraid that this person would challenge me to change, to move forward. I felt paralyzed by fear at the time. I couldn't even fathom the path forward. Nor did I think that I had the strength or courage to take the first step. I also think pride can be a factor that caused me to avoid honesty. I pretended that everything was okay, because I wanted everything to be okay. Pretending didn't make my situation any better though. In fact, it made it worse. These are the problems that I had while I was running from the truth of my situation.


Comments

  1. Vulnerability is hard but it is also a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. This is one of the lessons that God has been teaching me in the past couple of years.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating