Day 29 Practice makes perfect

         It takes practice to be honest in relationships. I need to practice to stop saying that I am fine, and start giving real answers when I am asked how I am doing. It takes practice to speak up for myself and express my needs, especially when I am not used to doing so. I need to practice self-care. I used to believe that I could take care of myself when all of my other tasks were done. A mother's job is never done. So, if I wait until I am done with all of my tasks I will not take care of myself. I want to set a better example for my children. It takes practice training my children to do things for themselves, so that they do not think that their mother is their maid. I need to allow my children opportunities to practice interacting with each other and others. They need this practice to learn how to lovingly interact with others so they know how to stand up for themselves without becoming a bully. These are all things that take practice.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating