Day 24 Being Honest When Your Story is Different than You Wish It Would Be

          I used to say, "I'm fine" often even though I wasn't. The thing about was that I didn't believe that I was lying. I was in denial. I wanted to be fine. I didn't want to acknowledge that my situation was not normal. If I acknowledged the truth than I would have to make much needed changes, and at that time I felt paralyzed by fear. It was in being honest that my situation was not normal, and that I was not fine, that helped me be honest with my friends and family. It was in honesty that I found healing and freedom. It is healthy to acknowledge that your story is different than you wished it would be. In giving God, the pieces of our broken stories He can make something beautiful out of them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating