Day 10 It is okay to admit that you are scared.

          I like to present this façade that I have got it all together. If it were possible I would gloss over "negative" emotions such as fear, anger, or sadness. I don't like being afraid. What I like even less is admitting that I am scared.  I want be a hopeful, full of faith person, and if I am not feeling that way at any particular moment, I am tempted to pretend that I am doing just fine. The problem is that I need to allow myself to acknowledge that I am scared. I also need to share that I am scared with those that I love and trust. I will never know maybe admitting that I am scared to a dear friend may be the beginning of an open and honest discussion about fears. I also need to confess my fears to God and ask Him for wisdom and to help me to take my focus on my fears and put it on Him.






Comments

  1. Fear is a liar, isn’t it? It’s good to admit when we are afraid. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the words “Do not be afraid” appear 365 times one for every day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to rest in my Heavenly Father's words, "Do not be afraid." every day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating