Five Minute Friday Quick

              I find it interesting that each of us have a different perspective about time. Today seemed to fly by for me. I felt like I had a lot to do today- hello laundry- and  thinking about tomorrow, I expect tomorrow to be busy also, My youngest daughter at one point today told me that she was bored on the first day of Summer vacation. Fortunately boredom can be the springboard for creativity, if the statement of boredom isn’t taken as invitation by your older brother to pester  I mean entertain you. My children are very excited. They will be traveling out of state to see their Dad in six days.  My kids are looking forward to spending time with  their Dad, Grandparents and their New Mexican pets. I want to slow down and enjoy every moment with my kids, knowing how much I will miss them the approximately fifty four days that they will be away. I joked with my already taller than me son about how much taller he will be by the time he comes home near the end of July. He thinks that he will be several inches taller and he very well might be. I want the next five days to go by slowly, but then I will want the next fifty four to go by fast. I have the feeling that the once they come back to their Florida home at the end of July, it will feel like I blinked and school will be in session again. I am going to share a Carrie Underwood song below. The line that is standing out to me tonight is, “ Eighteen years have come and gone. For Mama, they flew by, but for me they drug on and on.” Is there anything you are looking forward to this Summer? Are you in a season of life that you would like to slow down a little? I am looking forward to reading your thoughts about time in the comments.




Comments

  1. Time rushes by on turtle feet,
    far to fast at being slow,
    and as soon as we can greet
    the summer warmth, will come the snow.
    Clocks crawl past the dentist's chair
    and gallop through the bar
    as if completely unaware
    of how messed up they are
    with their blinking LEDs
    or old movements from the Swiss
    (whose ticking put the heart at ease,
    that's something that I miss),
    but lights or clockwork, now it's time
    to end this Timex Rolex rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I always want something to look forward to, but once I get to that desired time, I wish time would slow down. Nowadays I'm always wanting time to go quickly between now and the next time I see family. Visiting from FMF#11

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how two people can spend the day together, and for one of them the day seemed long, while for the other, the hours flew by. I guess it's our perspective. It is nice to have things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard that song before. It made me think of how slow time seemed to pass when I was young, and how fast it seems to fly by now. It's interesting to me how we can have such different perspectives at different times about something that never actually changes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating