Five Minute Friday Work

           My Dad has been keeping pretty busy over the last Month or so. My parents and I have both packed up our homes and moved to two different places in the past month. My Dad told his boss, “I come to work to get some rest from lifting boxes and moving furniture.” This move has been a labor of love for my parents, and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without them or the help of my siblings, their spouses and my nephew. I am reminded of when I was pregnant with my first child. Since I love working with children, I thought parenting would come naturally to me. I didn’t know then that parenting takes work, especially to be the parent that each of my children individually need. Their needs have changed greatly as they walk through the threshold of childhood and step into adolescence. One thing that has proven to be true about motherhood is that it is the hardest job that I will ever love. I am so thankful that as a single Mom, I can find wisdom and rest in God. I will find strength in the shadow of His wings. (Psalm 17:8)  And just for fun, this is the song I thought of when I read that the FMF prompt this week was work.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating