Five Minute Friday Owe

          I did not want to go to my counseling appointment this week. I had the opportunity to work, and I was so tempted to reschedule my appointment and to go to work instead. I didn't cancel my appointment though. I owe my children a mother who is working on healing, especially as two of them are on their own healing journeys. I want to encourage them in prioritizing their mental health. I am glad that I kept my counseling appointment this week. I didn't realize how much I needed it until I was in the office with my counselor unpacking my fears and worries that I tend to stuff down rather than deal with them. This isn't the first time that I took steps toward wholeness and life, because my children needed me too. In fact, many of the steps that I have taken into freedom in the past five years has been because it was what was best for my children. I am not perfect at this and have made plenty of mistakes along the way. Yesterday, I made the right decision.  I walked out of my counselor's office after my appointment a step further along on my healing journey, and with a little more hope in my heart and a little less fear. 




Comments

  1. You did the hard thing, and came out the other side glad to have done it. What a gift. I'm there with you. The therapy sessions I least want to go to are usually the most productive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating