Five Minute Friday Chapters

 The word chapters reminded me of the journaling exercise that I used to do entitled, "These are the days of . . . " So without further ado here is the list.

These are the days of slime made with Elmers glue. My youngest bought slime kits for them to share with their oldest sibling. They both had fun making slime today.

These are the days of award ceremonies, graduations (elementary and middle) and end of the school year activities.

These are the days of my youngest discovering that she enjoys putting together power point presentations about animals and other topics that interest her.

These are the days of my son saying, "Hey Mom come look at this!" requesting that we can watch a science video so that he can discuss it with me.

These are the days of watching my children share their creative gifts whether that is watching my youngest prepare a presentation, my eldest sketch, or my son create video game fan art.

These are the days that I am trying to slow down and savor these simple moments, before the chapter closes on another school year, and a new chapter begins. I want to relish in the beauty of this season knowing that I will blink and the season will change. I trust that there will be beauty in coming seasons, but I want to follow the example of my Noticer and make sure that I am taking it all in right now in this present moment. I don’t want to miss a minute in this season with my big kids.






Comments

  1. There were chapters of achievement
    that today I can't recall,
    and there were verses of bereavement
    when I thought I'd lost it all.
    There were journaled days of peace
    which were in fact a mighty bore
    that made me long for the release
    of compelling dogs of war.
    Some hours were marked by tender thought,
    a shoulder-punch to a good friend,
    and there times I really ought
    to have made attempt to mend
    the broken hearts I left behind
    that down the years are on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun chapter of discovery with your kids, and you do well to relish the moments. Like you said, it won't be but a moment before it's gone and the next one starts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating