Five Minute Friday Own

 “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of lights [the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens], in whom there is no variation [no rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [for He is perfect and never changes].”

‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭17‬ ‭AMP‬‬

       My children and I will be celebrating Jesus resurrection for the first time all on our own. Usually the holiday has been celebrated with extended family, but this year the four of us are celebrating at home instead. My youngest wants to bake cookies and decorate eggs. So those things are on the agenda for Easter Sunday/ I have been thinking about 1 Corinthians 6:20 lately

You were bought with a price [you were actually purchased with the precious blood of Jesus and made His own]. So then, honor and glorify God with your body.

If I remember that every good and perfect gift is from above and that I have been bought with the price of of Jesus' redemptive blood, why do I get so hyper-focused on my plans and what I want? May I hold my desires loosely, so that I can give my plans over to my Heavenly Father, trusting that His plans for me are better than anything I can dream up. May I remember this truth from Psalms.

Psalm 24:1
The earth is the LORD’S, and the fullness of it, The world, and those who dwell in it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating