Five Minute Friday Break

Mark 14:3

 Now while Jesus was in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, reclining at the table, a woman came with an alabaster jar of costly aromatic oil from pure nard. After breaking open the jar, she poured it on his head.

          With Holy week approaching next week, this scripture stood out to me. I wonder if Jesus' statement later in the chapter surprised her.

Mark 14:9

And truly, I say to you, wherever 

the gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her.”

  Unlike the rich people in the temple that Jesus spoke about. rhis woman was not intentionally trying to create a scene in her worship of Jesus. She wanted to offer Jesus the best that she had to give. Jesus response to her reminds me of King David's response to his wife Michael when she did not like the way that he danced before the Lord in 2 Sameul 6.  

 

David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the Lord’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the Lord. 22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.”


The difference between these two examples is that David knew that He was making a scene, Some like his wife, may not think the way he was acting was appropriate for a King. He did not care about their opinion, He cared about worshiping God. I will be pondering both of these examples from scripture this Palm Sunday weekend.











          

Comments

  1. I guess that is something to ponder isn't it. Are we willing to make a scene in our worship of the Lord God? FMF19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely something to ponder.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a scene in all I do,
    to be the center of attention.
    I want First Place when I am through,
    not Honourable Mention.
    I have danced down the produce aisle,
    warbling as I went,
    wearing hard hat and a smile,
    for it was my intent
    to spread the joy within my heart,
    set it wild and free,
    and let the wide world be a part
    of the happiness that's me
    at the basic nitty gritty
    when I'm singing I Feel Pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating