Five Minute Friday Follow

Galatians 1:10

  For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant[a] of Christ.


          This verse has been a reminder of God's grace this week. I am a recovering people pleaser who was reminded yesterday of how far I have to go on this journey of leaving people pleasing behind. I felt despair yesterday because people that I love dearly have the wrong impression of me, and they continue to hold onto that opinion even though I have tried to explain my point of view several times. I finally realized that there was nothing that I could do to change these loved ones minds. The pleaser in me wants so badly to fix this situation, but it is like a jumbled up mess of cords. The more I try to untangle the situation the more knots I encounter. I need to give this messy situation to God, for Him to work out for His glory and my good in His perfect timing. I need to remember that even though others may question my motives, God sees my heart. I am thankful that He is El Roi, the God who sees, and He sees me. He sees me when I am quiet, because I am afraid of saying the wrong thing. He sees me when I wipe my tears away, and paste a smile on my face in an effort to be strong for my kids. He sees me, and He is with me. He will never leave me. May I remember this and follow Him throughout the course of my days, because He is the God of all my days.







Comments

  1. Wonderful post! Such great reminders! "I need to give this messy situation to God."- I need to remember this when I want to control something that I cannot.

    FMF#12

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great reminders. Recovering people pleaser here too.
    FMF#15

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a dictum I must follow
    when my back's against the wall,
    if I choose not to be hollow,
    that I cannot please 'em all.
    Is it for the praise of men
    around which task I shape my years,
    only to regret it when
    I become the sum of all my fears?
    Or will I choose to take the road
    where approbation's sacrificed,
    and like the Cyrene share the load
    of the bleeding living Christ?
    I may be forced unto my knees,
    but it's my choice, of Whom to please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating