Day Two Brokenness isn't a dirty word

       I shared a little of my Mom's story yesterday. When telling me of the symptoms that recently led to her spending a few days in the hospital, she said that she thought if she ignored the symptoms that they would go away. I chuckled at the absurdity of the thought, but I realized that I often do the same thing myself. I do not want my children to realize how difficult this single Mom life is at times. I don't want my extended family to know my struggles, trials, or my fears. I want everything to be fine. Some days are not fine. Sometimes, I really need help, even though I hate asking for it. It is a part of life to be needy and need as my Pastor likes to say. If I refuse to acknowledge my brokenness, I am missing an opportunity to acknowledge my need for a Savior. I need God's grace and ignoring the brokenness can leave me thirsty because I refuse to admit that I need God's living water. I am also cheating people out of the opportunity to encourage and bless my children and me. Being honest about my brokenness, can point my children and family members and others to the One who is making beauty out of all of my broken parts. In Him, I can be broken and beautiful.






Comments

  1. We sure do have trouble being honest with others about our brokenness and need, don't we? But how else will our brothers and sisters know how to be the hands and feet of Jesus if we don't ask for help? Thanks for this food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. This has been such a struggle for me. I need to remember that reaching out gives others the opportunity to bless my children and me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

What fills me up? (Five Minute Friday Full