Day Twenty Six Not Everything is a Threat

           I have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD.) The reason for the PTSD is many years of physical and emotional abuse before friends and family were able to rescue my children and I from that horrible situation. Because of my past, I see threats when they are not really there. My counselor has encouraged me to tell myself that I am safe, when I am struggling with anxiety. Life is not an emergency. I do not need to be afraid of making simple mistakes. Mistakes are a part of learning and growth. I want to have a growth mindset. I do not want to be stuck in the past. There will no longer be dire consequences for a simple mistake. I do not have to agonize over whether I am making the right decision. I can let go of decision fatigue. Renewing my mind daily, by reading scriptures and focusing on truth are ways to surrender perfectionist tendencies and to immerse myself in God's grace.









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating