Day Sixteen Lonesome

           This single Mom life can be a lonely one sometimes.  As my children are getting older and I have realized the need to be more mindful about what I am sharing about them, even with family. After all, they have the right to privacy and many times they should be the ones who chose the stories that are being told about them. I have also realized that just because I understand my child's perspective does not mean the person that I am telling the story to will, and I do not want to embarass my children or break their trust. So, sometimes when I am asked about my children, I will rattle off their current ages and talk about how much growing that they are doing. I might even comment that my eldest and youngest are really interested in art and that my middle child loves math and science. I will make sure that my children will approve of anything I say. I am thankful that I am not alone on this mothering journey. God is here with me showing me grace on the messy days. I can trust Him to lead me.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

What fills me up? (Five Minute Friday Full