Day Four Community

          I do not know where I would be without the love and support of community. Community is a church secretary looking out for the mom who called and asked about the church's cry room, and then welcoming her and introducing her to other Moms of littles. It is a friend asking me why I didn't attend Bible study, and offering to give me a ride to Bible study and community group when she realized that transportation was the issue. Community is rallying around someone in their most messy, vulnerable state and getting them help that they need, even when they are too scared to seek help themselves. It is friends helping someone make a cross country move, when they wouldn't have the resources to do so alone. It is surprising someone with a gift card to buy necessary household essentials after an unepected move. I have been so blessed through community. Community has been a conduit of God's grace to me and my children. I want to share His love and grace with others in my community. 

\






Comments

  1. Yes, the community of believers is all of those things! We've been so blessed to have had those kinds of experiences in our previous church homes as well, and those friends are still dear to us. It gives me a measure of confidence that we'll find that kind of community in a new church as well. Blessings, and thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you also. My Mom is amazed at some of the incredible church communities that I have been a part of, but I know that it was the living active body of Christ does. I pray that God brings you to the church community that will buid you up in the faith and give you opportunities to encourage and build up others. I hope that you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. Community can be so powerful! I live in a small community (on the campus of a mission school--which includes other staff, students, and staff families). Sometimes, the community can seem a little tight, but I also know we will support each other through each trial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been a part of a small school community when I was in high school. I appreciated that the teachers knew me at a more personal level than if I had attended a larger school. They even prayed for and asked about my grandmother when she was in the hospital. Thank you for stopping by Anita!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

What fills me up? (Five Minute Friday Full