Day Eight Shock

           I was keeping a dangerous secret. I was living a lie. On the outside, I was desperate to be a better wife and mother. I was desperate to be a better wife, hoping that if I could figure out how to please my husband the pain and the abuse would stop. I was desperate to be a better mother because I didn’t want the pain of our living situation to negatively impact my children. Acquaintances were shocked when I tell my story of domestic violence. My family seemed so normal. I tried my best to pretend everything was normal, I longed for normalcy. Now looking back, I am thankful for friends who were concerned about me. I am thankful for friends who continued to follow up with me and did not give up on me. I am thankful for my family who made sacrifices to rescue me and my children.


one.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

What fills me up? (Five Minute Friday Full