Day Fifteen Beautiful



          My parenting style has changed a great deal in the past year. My people pleasing tendencies bled over into my parenting. I took to heart too much of what other, most well meaning people thought of my parenting, but didn’t always listen to my children’s feelings, thoughts or perspectives on things. I am trying to live differently now. I want to be more connected with my kids and less distracted by others opinions.


          I want to soak in all the beauty of our ordinary lives. I want to put away all distractions and look my children in the eyes when they want to show me something or tell me about their day.


            I want to say yes to baking cookies. I want to say yes to making their favorite food for dinner. I want to say yes to every invitation to talk with them.


          I was blessed to see the beautiful sights in these pictures in person with my youngest. I am so thankful that her teacher gave me the opportunity to chaperone for this class field trip. It was a beautiful day.

          Here is the thing about beautiful days. You can completely miss them if you have your head down, not paying attention. I don’t want to miss out on the beauty of life anymore. I want to be on the lookout for beauty and share the joy in delighting in beauty with my children.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

What fills me up? (Five Minute Friday Full