Five Minute Friday Fake

             I was reminded of one of the names of God yesterday. I was reminded of El Roi, God sees me. You see, the ring (which is a mother’s ring, with the birthstones of my children) in the picture was missing for about a month. I picked up a clothes basket in my laundry area to put some clothes in, and noticed the ring in the bottom. I felt relief ,and I felt seen. God sees me in the middle of the messiness of life. God sees me when I hide behind fake fines. God sees me and I do not have to pretend that everything is okay, or that I have it all together with Him. 







Comments

  1. Don't want God to see me
    when my life is such a mess,
    so much better that I'd be
    well-arrayed in fancy dress,
    a cummerbund of deepest red
    peeking out from my black tux,
    saying, "Not a mess, instead,
    this bloke looks like a million bucks!"
    But God will shake His head and smile,
    seeing through my weak pretense,
    saying, "Son, I like your style,
    but please, I ask, don't take offence
    that I prefer you as you are,
    every wart and every scar."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

What fills me up? (Five Minute Friday Full