Five Minute Friday Instant

        After initially writing something very different, I decided to take this opportunity to write about what I learned this Autumn, while using the Five Minute Friday prompt instant. My two younger children really settled into some new routines, as our life had some significant changes toward the end of Summer. Even though not all the changes were pleasant, we have learned to embrace the new season. We have much to be thankful for this Autumn.


  • My youngest loves to bake. She made two desserts for Thanksgiving dinner, candy bar fluff and Turkey brownies. She has learned that it takes patience to wait while her creations are baking. I am trying to teach her that while the desserts are baking is an excellent time to clean up the kitchen.

  • I really enjoy doing my Christmas shopping early this year. It was better for my budget, as I was able to plan when I purchased items. I also think December will be less stressful since I won’t have to think about shopping.

  • My son loves being able to heat up his food in an instant. My son enjoyed being able to heat up Thanksgiving leftovers he finds in the fridge. I enjoyed being able to tell him, if you want it right now, you can fix it for yourself.

  • My Dad drove us around to participate in trick or treating which resulted in more candy. Not as many people participated in handling out candy to trick or treaters this year. When my Dad saw that not many porch lights were on, he suggested that we get my parents van and drive around the neighborhood. He also carved Jack O Lanterns with his two youngest grandkids. Thank you, Dad!

  • I am thankful that I am learning that I can offer guidance and support to my children without being impatient. To quote Ann Voskamp, "Life is not an emergency." In fact, responding in a understanding way resolves issues more quickly because the children’s feelings aren’t hurt, and they don’t feel the need to defend themselves.

  • I am thankful for all the ways that God is reminding me of His patience and love. From a book that I am reading, to the songs that I listen to, to scriptures I read from the Bible, and encouraging talks with friends, God keeps reminding me of His grace and His love.
What are you thankful for this Autumn season?














Comments

  1. Amen! Thankfulness every day! Blessings on your day. (FMF#15)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lesson that I need to keep relearning! Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love your take on "instant" as you reviewed your autumn. There's a lot to be thankful for even when some things are hard. Sounds like your dad is a great grandpa! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a great grandpa! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend! Blessings to you also! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I am thankful for the stars
    that light up the predawn sky,
    for jet-contrails, feathered bars
    that resemble lace on high.
    I grateful for the snap
    in the frosty autumn air
    while Chihuahuas take a crap...
    really, did I just go there?
    Yes, I did, for it's the reason
    I am up before the dawn
    in the fall (or any season!),
    and for more sleep, chance is gone,
    but as the brothers do their duty,
    I am honoured by world's beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating