Day 28 While

1 Corinthians 2:2

for I made the decision to know nothing [that is, to forego philosophical or theological discussions regarding inconsequential things and opinions while] among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified [and the meaning of His redemptive, substitutionary death and His resurrection]. 


          I have been trying to simplify my life with a couple of simple questions. "Will whatever I am stressing about be important to me in a week, a month, or a year?" My next question is "Is this something that I can do anything about today."I want to remember ""So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34. Remembering these two questions takes intention. It is a decision that I neede to make. What if my sole focus was Jesus and the hope of the gospel. It would be really life changing to have Paul's laser focus on what is truly important. When I start to feel scattered, may I seek the Source of all joy, comfort and peace. May I not get lost in a sea of opinions, but may I live for an audience of One.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating