Five Minute Friday Like

           One of the more fun parts of my journey over the last four years is rediscovering what I like and enjoy. As a recovering people pleaser, it is far easier for me to ask others what the like than to make a decision solely based on my own preferences. I am thankful that two of my children really enjoy trying new things. I have learned so much about myself, from simply agreeing with them, when they said,”Mom, let’s try this!” I want to have a curiosity about life. and a willingness to try new things and start new traditions. I don’t want be held back by fear of other people’s opinions or fear of failure any longer. Sure, I could fail, but I could also fly. What are a few of your favorite things? Is there anything new that you would like to try as the year 2022 comes to a close?




Comments

  1. Living below the blade of death it's
    not too hard to live the dream,
    and so I had Chicken McNuggets
    dipped into, well, yeah, some ice cream.
    The taste was rather unexpected,
    was good, and I might say 'twas Boss,
    but 'twas a meal my wife rejected,
    but hey, my gain became her loss,
    and now I've moved to other things
    that promise me a tasty trip,
    like hot and spicy Buff'lo wings
    with a maple syrup dip,
    so come on by, to have a chance
    at Andrew's Weirdo Dining Dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poem made me laugh Andrew! I am sure that Barb enjoys watching you enjoy food that she rejects. I am praying for both you and Barb! Thank you for stopping by my blog today. -Jolene

      Delete
  2. I so understand living with the need to please others. I didn't even pick a favorite color until I was 40! Now a few of my favorite things are spending time alone in quiet, grabbing photos of raindrops on flowers (not always roses!), eating chocolate cake or apple pie for breakfast (special occasions only!), and this fun Pentatonix video! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh pentatonix! I also enjoy watching their videos. My noticer would love your photos of raindrops on flowers. Do you eat the pie a' la mode? This is a favorite of post holiday breakfasts. I have pie in my fridge right now, except it is pumpkin. Thank you for stooping by.

      Delete
  3. What an entertaining and unexpected rendition of an old song! Thank you for sharing that too. :D #15

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a great idea... letting the adventurous in your family show you new paths to take. It's a good thing that! FMF16

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating