Day 27 Hidden

 Colossians 3:1-3

If then you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.

For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.


            These verses came to mind as soon as I read that the prompt for day twenty-seven is hidden. It is so easy to forget that my life is hidden with Christ in God. My new authentic life is hidden with Christ. He is my hiding place. He is my strong tower and refuge. 




            May I keep looking up, even in the midst of storms, because my life is hidden with Jesus in God. This is the source of true life, anything else I try to chase after is just poor substitutes. I like trying to fix things in my life that are broken, but I am learning that I need to lay things at His feet. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating