Day 26 Dream

            I remember a particular weekday afternoon in March of this year. I was sitting at the table eating dinner with my children, when my phone rang, I answered it, learned that I would be going to an orientation to become for my new employer while all three of my children listened to my end of the phone conversation as they continued to eat. After I got off the phone, I explained to them that I was now being given the opportunity to become a substitue teacher at their school. My youngest congratulated me and said, "Mama, you should be able to follow your dreams too." Following dreams in that sense has always been tricky for me. I have an intense fear of failure, not just the failure itself, but disappointing those I love. I am reminded of this quote, ""What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, What if you fly?” -Erin Hansen. In dreaming all I see is the long way down. I don't see the possibilities and the beauty of opportunities. I want to be more like I was when I was a child, and dreaming wasn't scary. When my son uses the words "what if" he says those two words full of wonder and opportunity. I use the words what if in describing fears and potential challenges. I want to see the wonder and the beauty in the world, and let go of the fear. What are you dreaming about lately?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating