Day 4 There's never been a moment that I have not been loved by God

            I thought of the below song when I read that today's prompt was never. I know that there are people who struggle with the question of, where is God when tragedy strikes? Over four years ago, I was dealing with a traumatic situation. Looking back on that time, I truly believe that God was with me. If anything, I lost sight of his presence, because I was overwhelmed by my situation. He never lost sight of or let go of me. He was at work, even though I didn't see it. It amazes me to think back on the story of my life and see where God connected me with people who were a critical part of my rescue story. The year after my cross country move that gave my children and me our fresh start, I realized how much I needed to remember that God loves me. My #Oneword for that year was loved. I created a playlist of songs that reminded me of God's love, that I still listen to on long days. What do you do that helps you to focus on God's love for you?






Comments

  1. Exactly right! My family explosion overwhelmed me, but as I sat quieting my heart and asking God to speak to me I calmed down and realized it was not a punishment, but a learning experience for all involved. It was then I stopped running around like a crazy woman. My work this year is ... yup! TRUST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! I think the two most encouraging words in the English language are "Me too!" I am still needing to slow down and stop myself when I catch myself running around like a crazy woman, either literally or letting my thoughts do all the racing for me. I am so thankful that you stopped by and commented. I hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating