Day 8 Still

             I struggle with stillness. I don’t think I’m very good at it. I told my counselor last week that I sometimes feel like a prayer failure because as a tired mom often when I practice stillness I fall asleep. She laughed and agreed with my pastor who both stated falling asleep during prayer does not make me make me failure at it. In fact, thinking that way just shows how deeply rooted is my fear of failure. Anyway, I am trying to learn that the art a practicing stillness before God is simply that it is practice. I don’t have to be perfect at stillness. I don’t have to have a perfectly quiet house, Or ideal conditions to practice stillness. All I need to remember is that God is God and I am not. How do you incorporate stillness in your daily life? I would love to read your thoughts in the comments below.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating