Day 24 Concrete

           Psalm 40:2 He lifted me up from the pit of despair, out of the miry clay; He set my feet upon a rock and made my footsteps firm. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

          I love firmly made plans. I do not like things that are penciled in. Please set it in stone. Ironically, as a Mom many of my plans need to be penciled in as life can be very unpredictable. I am the type of person who likes knowing what is expected of me, and I do not like those expectations to change. I am so thankful that my foundation is firmer than concrete. I have been stuck in the pit of despair, feeling like I would never break free from the miry clay of my circumstances. God sent a rescue team for me. What amazes me about my rescue is that he set things in motion before I even realized that I needed rescued. My rescue team working in His strength pulled me out of that pit. Then God put my feet upon the rock and gave me a firm place to stand. I am going to share two songs as I close this post today. I thought of "My Feet Are on the Rock" as soon as I realized today's word was concrete. "You Found Me" came to mind as I was writing today. If you feel like you need to be lifted out of the clay and set on the Rock, today. Please keep looking up for your Rescuer. God can make the most tangled and messy situations beautiful in His time.



\\





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating