Day 20 Lack

 Psalm 23:1

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

          This is a beautiful promise from scripture. Because the Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. This reminds me of another truth. His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 2 Peter 1:3. We have all things needed for life and godlines through the knowledge of him! I don't know about you, but this promise deeply encourages me. This brought to mind what Paul said to the Philippians about contentment. I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:11–13) May I remember and meditate on these verses on difficult days when the areas in which I am lacking threaten to take my focus off of all that I have for which to be thankful. May I remember that it is God who gives me strength. My hope is in Jesus, not in my circumstances. Our good shepherd has equipped us with all that we need for life and Godliness. We lack nothing. May I remember to speak these truths concerning any area that feels lacking, and trust in my Good Shepherd to continue to lead and guide me.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating