Day 19 If I use the words always or never

 “Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.” – Wendell Johnson.


          If I use the word always, may I use it in the context that God is always faithful to keep his promises. Psalm 71:22, NLT …"You are faithful to your promises, O my God." If I use the word never may it be to remind myself that you will never leave me or forsake me. Deuteronomy 31:6 "6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” I tell my children when they use the words always or never that many times when they use those words that those terms are an exaggreation, but when it comes to the promises of God always is a very appropriate term, "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 1:20. So, when I am tempted to us the words always and never may I remember the best way to use them. What is your favorite promise from God. Please share them in the comments below.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating