Day 18 When God's definition of a little while seems different than mine

1 Peter 5:10    

        But may the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a little while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

          I love that this scripture promises to perfect, establish, strengthen and settle us. I do not like the suffering a little while part of the verse. I am reminded that my concept of time can be very different than my children's view of time. This happened last night, I needed one of my children to take a shower. They kept asking for five more minutes to play. They did eventually take their shower. I was a little frustrated by the time that they agreed to take it. If I as a very imperfect, messy parent have a different concept of time than my children, it encourages me to remember that God does not view time from my finite human perspective. He is in control, even when situations seem out of control. He is aware when seasons are difficult. He is right there with us on our journey. In those difficult moments, I need to trust that His grace finds me and that His grace is enough for me. He knows the path ahead when I cannot even see what my next steps are going to be. May I remember this and trust Him. As I am walking through life. I will never walk alone.


And this next song just for fun.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating