Day 16 Delight

 

  • Praise the Lord.
    Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
    who find great delight in his commands.
  •          I love watching my children delight in the world around them. My daughter is a noticer, who looks out for things to take delight in. I want to be more like her. I want to take delight in the world around me. I also want to remember the One who created each of the wonders around me, and let my wonder and delight bring me into His presence to praise God for his many wonderful gifts.  I took a picture of a lego tower that a child built for me, before we had take the tower down and put away the Legos. I want to remember to be thankful for every gift, and remember that God is the giver of all good things. God makes beautiful things out of the dust. He is in the business of restoration and redemption. He is at work, even when I don't see it. I need to remember these truths on days that finding delight is difficult. May I remember that in my relationship with God, I can find lasting delight, even during difficult seasons.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating