Day 14 Compromise

Amos 3:3-5

Do two men walk together unless they have made an appointment?


           When my children disagree, I often tell them to compromise. One of my children is very good at compromising, whereas the other two are not as eager to meet in the middle. I remind him occasionally that I value his opinion and he doesn't have to let his siblings have their way all of the time. I appreciate that he enjoys making his sisters happy most of the time. He has taught me much about the art of compromise. His laid-back attitude is something that I think is needed in our culture today. My Dad used to ask me as a kid, "Is this a hill you are willing to die on?" A good question to ask about compromise, is this a matter that will greatly impact my life? Or is this something that I will not even remember in a month? If I am not even going to remember that I had to compromise about something in a month, then it is probably a decision that I do not have to be so adamant concerning having my way. Are you good at compromising with others? What are your thoughts concerning compromising with others?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating