Five Minute Friday Commitment


           Sixteen years ago today, I made a commitment. Four years ago, I realized that commitment was broken beyond repair, and I reaffirmed my commitment to making a better life for my children. So, instead of celebrating an anniversary on this day, I will gives hugs, spread joy, and be thankful when they call out the word ”Mom!” I will enjoy reading stories to them, and watching movies, and soak in all the details of my son describing his Minecraft world. I will listen intently as my almost teen describes her thoughts, feelings, hopes and dreams. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father is committed to growing me as a Mom and leading in this journey of motherhood. I will close with these lyrics by Sanctus Real, “So, Father give me strength to be everything I’m called to be, and Father show me the way to lead them, as You lead me.” 







Comments

  1. I pray that He will truly guide your steps as you navigate through life
    Just stopped by from FMF #24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  2. May God bless you as you keep that commitment.
    Stopping by from FMF#21

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes our dreams just don't work out
    quite the way we'd planned,
    and the trick is not to pout,
    but take our heart in hand,
    and direct its sorrowed gaze
    upward to what's blessed,
    looking down the hall of days
    not at what's been messed,
    but at the smiling faces
    that wait for you and me,
    reflecting God's bright graces,
    resolving thus to see
    that there is no greater cost
    than idly mourning what's been lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew for sharing this beautiful poem. I am praying for you and Barb.

      -Jolene

      Delete
  4. Yes! You are setting a great example. My kids are 19 and almost 17 and I made it a point to listen to everything. Now, they come to me when they have problems or need to chat, I still listen to the mundane, but I also hear there hearts. Keep at it, it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like a great mom.
    Sending (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating