Day 8 Completion

“For now [in this time of imperfection] we see in a mirror dimly [a blurred reflection, a riddle, an enigma], but then [when the time of perfection comes we will see reality] face to face. Now I know in part [just in fragments], but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known [by God].” 
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭AMP‬‬   
                                   
              I like completed tasks. I like projects that are finished. I have been known to read a chapter book in one day because I was eager to see how the story turned out. I am learning that often in life, seasons can not be wrapped up in neat little bows. Life is messy. I am messy. There will always be aspects of life that feel incomplete. I many times feel unfinished. I need to see beauty in the imperfections. I want to live fully in the moment, even the less than perfect ones. I want to trust that even though right now I see in the mirror dimly that one day I will see everything clearly. I want to trust in God’s promises that “He who began a good work will carry it on to completion in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

What fills me up? (Five Minute Friday Full