10 things I learned this Summer (Summer 2021 Quarterly Report

  •  Life is precious.
             In the past three months I said goodbye to my Aunt, my mom’s best friend who was like family to me. One of my best friends from high school also lost her husband to a heart attack. This season is teaching me that life is precious, and not to wait on showing dear ones that I love them.

  • I miss the messes when my children are not home.
          When my children are home, I feel like I spend much of my time cleaning up messes, but boy did I miss those messes when they were at their Dad’s house this Summer. It is important to remember this on the chaotic, messy days. Mess is a part of a well lived life and that is a beautiful gift.

  • It is hard to see my kids have needs that I am not able to physically meet.
                One of the times I was talking to my youngest on the phone while she was at her Dad’s she was hungry. I so wished I could make her favorite dinner. There are so many times during the five weeks that they are at their Dad’s that I wish I could take care of them whether it was to give them a hug or fix them dinner. It reminds me to treasure my time with them.
  • I need to be careful what I say yes to.
            I want to be nice so I sometimes agree to things that if I thought through I wouldn’t agree too. I need to carefully consider my answer of yes, because it is harder to back out of something I agreed too. I need to remember that saying no is sometimes the kindest answer to myself.

  • Trying on clothes is important.
          I learned this Summer that I need to try clothes on my children. One of my children specifically will tell me the wrong size unless I make this child try on clothes. After some stress with back to school shopping, I will try to remember this from now on.

  • I like meal planning more than I thought.
             My Dad encouraged me to try meal planning as a part of preparing for the new school year. I didn’t expect that I would like it, but I do. Having a plan leaves me one less thing to stress about on busy days. I am glad that my Dad suggested it.

  • I missed in person church more than I realized.
           With my children returning to “in-person” school, we also started attending church in person again. My first Sunday, I realized how good it felt to be back with brothers and sisters in Christ.

  • I received confirmation that I made the right decision in the middle of a difficult season.
           Three and a half years ago, I made a difficult decision to uproot my children and make a fresh start by moving back home to Florida. I was reminded recently that this was the best decision for my children and me. Some seasons are hard, but I am thankful that God is faithful in all seasons.

What did you learn this Summer?











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating