Five Minute Friday Deserve

          My children are spending some quality time visiting with their father this Summer. Whenever they visit with their Dad, it gives me time to reflect on my parenting. Am I actively being the mother they deserve? Am I doing my best to be the mother to them that God has called me to be? Each time I have the opportunity to reflect, I realize that I need to look in their eyes more and I need to look at my phone less. I need to show them love, kindness and grace. They learn so many things by following my example, and I want to make sure that I am setting a good one. I want my children to know that they are loved, valued and heard. My prayer can be summed up from a song lyric by the group Sanctus Real, “Father, lead me because I can’t do this alone.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating