Five Minute Friday Quiet

          My house has been quiet since Sunday morning. Too quiet if you ask me. This boy and his sisters are currently spending several weeks with their Dad. So, for now a house that is usually quite noisy is very quiet. I love hearing about my children’s adventures each night when I talk to them on the phone. Some evenings like tonight I hear fun and excitement in their voices. My children were calling me from a trampoline park this evening. They were having the time of their lives. I am so thankful that they are having fun with their Dad, but I will be glad when instead of sitting in a quiet house, the house will be full of laughter and chatter of children at play again.

 

Comments

  1. I'm glad your kids are having fun! I have mixed feelings about quiet houses. I love the quiet, but I miss the chaos of family. It's funny how we can want both things at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no quiet in our place,
    it's loud as loud can be
    with bright canine shouts of grace,
    and that is fine by me.
    Belle is barking at high pitch
    at the sheepdog Megan,
    only knowing which end's which
    by where the tail is waggin'.
    Ladron the Heeler's on a tear;
    what's on TV don't get her vote,
    and so she's gonna clear the air
    by chomping the remote...
    but hey!, I don't hear Shelby's call,
    and Pug-silence is the worst of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet is a funny thing - we want the quiet but not at the loss of time with our family. Hoping your children enjoy their days and are soon back to making lots of noise with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy it for what it is, I guess, and just think about the cherished memories they are making with their dad!

    Amie, FMF #16

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating