Moving Forward Update

Phillipians 3:13-14

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus

'
         My Pastor taught on this passage last weekend. Since this is my verse for 2021, when I heard him quote it, I leaned and paid closer attention to what he was saying. Pastor Tim reminded me to be able to forget what is behind, that I needed to be mindful of what I was feeding. I have heard this described as the two dogs analogy. Was I feeding my faith or was I feeding my anxiety? Was I focusing on my fears or my Savior? Was I thinking about my circumstances that I wish were different or was I counting my blessings? Whatever I feed will grow,and flourish, but what I chose not to feed will lessen and shrink. Forgetting what is behind is not living in denial.It is healthy to acknowledege and bring our struggles and heartaches to God. It is choosing to turn my eyes on Jesus and focus on Him. The words press forward and straining remind me that this is going to take work. It isn't easy, but I need to remember that God is with me every step of the way. I sometimes get distracted by things that discourage me, and take my eyes of what is truly important. I need to remember that God holds all things together. I am so thankful when I am reminded of truth right when I need to hear it. What truth have you been reminded of recently?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating