Five Minute Friday Slow

         I have to admit that I am not the most patient person. I like things happening on my time table, and I have been known to tell my children, especially my day dreamer youngest daughter, to hurry up quite often. This is ironic since I hate feeling rushed. I want to be able to move through life quickly and efficiently. I want to make the most of time. I often become frustrated with myself, when I misplace things that I was just using a few minutes ago. "I\"m sure that I had it right here!" I also get frustrated when I am interrupted by my kids and lose my train of thought, "Now, what was I doing?" Since multitasking is not one of my strong suits, I know I need to embrace a slower pace, even if I feel like I should be doing better at remembering things. My children appreciate when their mother isn\"t running around stressed out asking them if they have seen my phone. I need to remember that my people are far more important than my schedule. I need to take a breath and take time to move slowly.












 

Comments

  1. So very true. I too am often stressed and hurried and have forgotten what is really important. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have been describing me. I found a "find a phone" app for my Fitbit and was so glad I could stop asking my family to help me find it. My husband got me a gizmo that helps me find my keys because I'm always misplacing them, too. You are not alone in the I lost my ___________ frustration, friend. Slowing down would help us both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating