Five Minute Friday Disagree

           I have family members who think I am a too involved parent. They think that because they did not take their children on walks daily, read bedtime stories or play board games with their children that I’m spoiling my children by focusing on them. I disagree. Enjoying my children’s company is not spoiling them. My goal is not to smother them, but to be a person that they feel safe to be their truest self around, and to point them to the One created them to be the unique individuals that they are becoming. I need to be present, involved, and ready to listen whenever they want to talk. As a mom, I receive a lot of advice much of it unsolicited. I now know I don’t have to second guess myself just because someone disagrees with me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating