Five Minute Friday No More Excuses about Anger

I am good at making excuses about why I get aggravated with my kids. The house is really noisy, or my youngest daughters room is messy. The kids are bickering over something silly again. My kids spend a significant chunk of their Summer vacation, with their Dad, and each Summer I miss the noise. The house is much to quiet. I miss seeing the happy evidence of my daughter playing. Her plastic ponies are not all over her Florida bedroom floor in the middle of July. I even miss the sound of my kids bickering because it is a part of the sounds of life. I am learning it is natural to get aggravated. Frustration and irritation are a part of life. I don’t want aggravation to be an excuse that causes me to forget how very blessed I am to be my children’s Mama. My mom has an angry Mama microwave cleaner. You put water and a little vinegar inside the plastic angry mama. You place it in the microwave, and turn the microwave on. The heat from the microwave will  turn the water and vinegar into steam, and then you can wipe out and clean the microwave. I don’t want my children seeing proverbial smoke coming out of my ears. I don’t want to be an angry Mama. I no longer want to make excuses about yelling at my kids. I want to process frustrations in healthier ways. So what comes to mind when you hear the word excuse? #fmfparty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating